(effective beginning 4.1.17)
We love our furry friends and want them to continue to enjoy walking in the Gardens. Here are the guidelines:
- Well behaved dogs on a short leash are welcome. Members’ dogs are free, all others $5.
- One dog per person* and dogs must remain leashed at all times and places in the Gardens.
- Retractable leashes are not allowed. Maximum leash length is 6 feet.
- Proof of current rabies vaccination is required (tag on collar).
- Aggressive dogs, dogs in heat, or dogs that bark excessively in the Welcome Center are not permitted. Garvan Gardens reserves the right to refuse entry to or remove any dog thought to be disruptive or dangerous to guests or other dogs.
- Please use discretion where you permit your dog to relieve itself. Please keep them out of the planting beds and you must pick up waste and dispose of it properly. Plastic bags are available at the cash registers.
- Dogs are not allowed in ponds.
- Water is available at the dog fountain in front of the Welcome Center, at the Pavilion and Perry Point Restrooms and at the Chipmunk Café.
- Dogs are not permitted during Holiday Lights except for Pup Parade Night.
- Service dogs are admitted free and are allowed in all areas of the Gardens. We abide by Title II and Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the definition of a service animal.
- * One dog per person unless dogs are registered as Garvan AmbassaDogs, then 2 dogs per Garvan Gardens Member are allowed. Registration is $5 per dog and a special tag will be issued for each dog upon approval of Garvan AmbassaDog status. Submit the form by clicking here to print and allow 10 days for processing. Mail to Garvan AmbassaDog, 540 Arkridge Road, Hot Springs, AR 71913. Include proof of rabies vaccination and $5 per dog (two maximum per member).